Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Activities (2005-06)
1. Since RTI Act, 2005 was newly implemented in the country, creation of awareness about the provisions of the Act and its utility among the citizens was of paramount importance.
2. With this objective in view, Odisha Information Commission on the basis of sanctioned Budget by the State Government, took up measures to sensitize the official apparatus / opinion leaders and activists at various levels of administration like Revenue Divisions, Districts and Blocks.
3. At the first instance, funds @ Rs.20,000/ - were placed at the disposal of all the 3 R.D.Cs. to organize interactive workshops on RTI Act, 2005 at Revenue Division level to be attended by the Divisional level officers and other public figures.
4. For the purpose of organizing district level Interactive Workshops during the financial year, funds @ Rs. 10,000/- was placed with the Collectors of the following districts and A.D.M.,Rourkela:
5. One such Revenue Division level workshop was organized on 24.1.06 at Sambalpur which was attended by the Collectors, Divisional as well as District level officers and opinion leaders.
Divisional level workshop on Right to Information Act, 2005 at Sambalpur
6. (i) A sum of Rs. 42,800/- was placed with CYSD, Bhubaneswar for organization of Workshop for Development of IEC materials in Oriya relating to RTI Act, 2005 to be circulated among the people.
(ii) An amount of Rs.8,200/- was also allotted in favor of the XIM, Bhubaneswar to hold a Workshop on Right to Information Act and the Information needs of the poor. The Workshop on “Right to Information Act-Sensitizing Rural management students as part of their Rural Learning and Living Experience” was held on 17.1.06 which was attended by the State Information Commissioner, Prof. Radhamohan.